Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Breaking Records

Yesterday I broke a record.  Not a speed record, or a distance record, or a steps record, but still a record I worked hard to achieve.

The 'How Many Dogs I Have Run With' record WAS.....3.   The present 'How Many Dogs I Have Run With' record is now......4!  I'm so proud.  :)

I promised Carter I would write about Max.  Max is Carter's Dog Uncle.  He is his grandparents' beagle and is less than a year younger than Carter.  When Max first was brought into their house, Carter spent a few days a week at that house and spent his days rolling around the floor with Max.  I would pick him up in the evening and he smelt like dog.  He has known Max his entire life.

Max is also 11.  He is a great dog.  Max is an older dog but loves to run.  He stays on leash on the trail while my dogs are off leash because if he didn't, he'd take off on a hunt.  So, I think he pretends to not be on leash and just howls along when he catches a scent while we run next to eachother, sniffing and running sniffing and running.  Max is an only dog child, so when he comes to our house he is with his two other dog family members.   I think Max loves to be around Quesi and Indy, I think he feels like he's part of the pack....he is.

Then there's Cooper.  Cooper is a 6 year old Golden Retriever.  He is my neighbor's dog that I run on the trail every afternoon on my lunch break.  Cooper is not your typical Golden.  He is VERY high energy.  Since starting to run with Cooper in March, it looks like he's lost about 10 pounds.  When I open the door to his house to pick him up for our run, he is always right there waiting as if to say, "It's about time, let's go!"

So, there I was, three crazy dogs running off leash, and one dog running with me on leash, crazy chaos in dog heaven.

I think 4 is my limit, though.

Max with our crew.  Nice of them all to smile for the camera. :)


Cooper and Indy teamed up on the trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment